Monday, November 11, 2013

Seven Month....Snow?! And Silliness. Mostly silliness.

Seven months ago right now I didn't know (or care) what the weather was. You could have told me it was raining gold coins and I would have growled in your face like a rabid chipmunk. Luckily seven months later we're all nice and happy and warm and sane while we watch the first snowfall of the season. And we have a seven month old baby. How did this happen??


Lauren: Mila, you're awesome. Why are you so awesome?

Mila: It runs in the family. 


Ava (whispers): Yes, keep playing them like a fiddle. They eat that right up. 

Mila: What's a fiddle? 


Lauren: Ok, so let's talk about something. You look 100% like your dad and 0% like me. Do you know what I went through to get you here? Does the term "multiple failed epidurals" mean anything to you?

Mila: Do you see these dimples? And this round adorable face? Check yourself before you wreck yourself, mama. 

Lauren: Fair enough. 


Lauren: Hi Ava.

Ava: Catch me if you can! There are barely cameras fast enough in the world to capture me! 

Lauren: I know. It's been a really long time since I've gotten a picture of you sitting still. 

Ava: Yeah, because I'm not boring. I'm carpe-ing the diem every day. 

Lauren: How do you know the term carpe diem? 

Ava: You left Dead Poet's Society on the tube when you went to put Ava down for a nap. I'm sucking the marrow out of life. 

Lauren: (sigh)


Mila: Mom, can you open these puffs? 

Lauren: Yes, I can. Use your manners and say "please". 

Mila: Tallyho old girl. These teeth need to chomp on something, and we've got a nursing session coming up. Capisce?

Lauren: And how did you learn Italian, young lady? 

Mila: I'm a savant. 


Mila: Ava told me about this thing called "Thanksgiving" and that it's coming up. 

Lauren: Yes! I'm really excited for you to experience your first Thanksgiving with our family! Our family is awesome and they're going to eat you up. 

Mila: What do you mean, "eat me up"? Are they cannibals? (starts to cry)

Lauren: No, like they just want to kiss your chubby cheeks and make you laugh! 

Mila: Oh, that sounds ok then. 



Ava: Mila, at my first Thanksgiving I really showed them who was boss. This guy called Santa came the day after Thanksgiving and I almost made him cry. I wouldn't let anyone touch me and then stayed up all night. It was awesome. 

Mila: That sounds exhausting. Why don't we just snuggle and coo and giggle and then sleep for 12 straight hours, knocked out with vicarious turkey tryptophan? 

Lauren: I like this train of thought. Keep it going. 


Ava: Here, taste this coffee and tell me about how you want to relax. 

*don't worry, there was no coffee in that pot and it wasn't hot, Mom*

Mila: What is this sweet nectar of the gods? 

Ava: It's called go-go juice, Mila. An essential part of every girl's diet. 

Lauren: Preach. 


Mila: What's this white stuff? 

Lauren: Welcome to winter in Chicago, Mila. 

Mila: Can I eat it? 

Ava: Yes, especially the yellow snow. It's delicious. 

Lauren: Ava Grace- stop trying to trick your sister. 

Ava: Sorry, sorry mama. Just kidding Mila. It's not delicious, it's REALLY delicious. 



Kate: Here Mila, let me help you clean that puff residue off your hands. And do I detect a hint of spinach and potatoes from lunch? 

Mila: Yeah, that was a fun poop. 


Mila rounded out her seven-monthday by watching Ava bake cupcakes. A fun time was had by all. The End. 




No comments:

Post a Comment