Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Six Month Situation

Oh six months, where have you gone? Well actually, I know. You disappeared under a mountain of diapers, sleepless nights, sweet baby snuggles, teething, sister outings, fun photo shoots and approximately 82,365 kisses. 


Mila continues to fill our lives with laughter. Last week we had a photographer to the house to take her Christening pictures. From where I was sitting, it looked like every picture was perfect (um, obviously). Before he left he looked at me, raised his eyebrows and said, "You have a really good baby". He'd already been paid so I know he was serious ;)


Mila's practicing sitting (she's not very good yet). That may be partly our fault. All she has to do is smile that chubby smile at us and she gets picked up and carried wherever she wants to go. A wee puppetmaster. 


Baby Gap jeggings. I mean, are you serious? 


Mila kindly demonstrated her "I'm pooping my pants" face (and skills) during the photo shoot. 


After a quick pants-change, we tried on a new hat. Leopard print baby berets. I just can't...


It was a short-lived experiment.


We've had some fussier-than-usual episodes lately, mainly because her two little bottom teeth are starting to poke through. Above, Mila models her latest obsession- frozen bananas that she teethes on through a mesh bag. One day, I'm going to come up with one of these simple yet effective baby solutions and make my first billion. 


One last picture of Mila's very first ever pigtails. Hip hip HOORAY that we're entering pigtail territory! 

Six month stats: 

Weight: 14 pounds, 7 ounces (21st percentile)
Height: I can't remember but I know it was the 61st percentile. Mother of the Year, right here. 

Sleep: Still getting up 2-3 times a night to eat, but she goes to bed at 6 which is a bonus. I wonder if I'll ever get a straight eight hours of sleep a night in my life ever again. One can dream, literally. 

Favorite foods: sweet potatoes, squash, frozen bananas and prunes (which is everything she's tried. She's a good eater)

Skills: Scooting, rolling, supported sitting, cooing, belly laughs

I asked Art if there was anything he wanted to add to tonight's blog. He replied, "that she's the best and sweetest baby of all time". Yep. 











No comments:

Post a Comment