*Sorry for the obscure early 90's song reference. Anyway....*
Lately Art and I have been noticing a trend in the house. Signs, if you will, of a certain personality type.
It started out innocently enough, with the animals (and ladybug magnets) marching in a line across the fridge. Well, by innocently I mean a MAJOR tantrum that they wouldn't all fit in one line and she had to start another line at the bottom.
"Every night this nice lady puts us away in our house", said the blue dog (that's a dog, right?). "But then this tiny taskmaster beelines for us every morning and makes us fall into line. Ten hut!".
Legos aren't for putting together. Oh no. They're for pulling apart and making lines, as Ava will tell you. Don't worry Legos...one day you'll make the beautiful woodland forest you were meant to construct. It may not be until Mila's old enough to play with you, but one day.
"There was nothing I could do", lamented the chicken. "She had a laser like focus. At least she placed me next to the angel. I could have been stuck next to the cow's butt".
Note the composition of this piece. Not only are the blocks in a perfect line, but the pictures are all right-side up.
It even extends into games. I figured Ava was old enough to start playing simple board games. She was thrilled with it...as another chance to line up the "buggies" on the board.
If I can find a way to harness this energy into cleaning up the toys, as opposed to just getting them out and organizing them, I'll be golden. Until then, the ants go marching one by one.
Hurrah!
Oh my god this is hysterical!!!
ReplyDelete