Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween!


Ava had a great Halloween. She started off her day at Munchkins (our parent-toddler class), where she celebrated with friends. 


We went sans tutu at class in order to have better maneuverability. 


With all of her buddies waiting for the sugar rush to begin.


Later in the day, she donned the full costume and got ready to trick or treat. 


So Art made so much fun of me for buying this ghost on clearance after Halloween last year. Ava (and all the neighborhood kids) LOVED it! 


Her first (and last) candy run with Dad. However, there were no tantrums, which I consider a victory. If you think about it, Halloween is literally horrific for Ava. She has to approach strangers and talk to them while they wait for her to say trick or treat.  Pretty much her worst nightmare.


Ava was able to lift 40 pound pumpkins with ease after chowing down on some Twix. 

*Just kidding. The pumpkin is plastic and I successfully made it through the day without letting her have any actual candy. You may think I'm mean, but I know once she actually figures out what candy is next year, we're in for it.*



No comments:

Post a Comment