Yesterday marked a parenting "first" that no one wants to see- our first trip to the ER with Ava. While I was right next to her, she tripped and fell face-first into the hardwood stair riser.
Henceforth to be referred to as "The Step on my Sh*tlist". It was immediately apparent that Ava needed stitches so I bundled her up (with the help of our friend Bekah Kalita, thank God she was there!) and took her to the hospital; daddy and grandma were en route as soon as I called them.
After several hours, one bout of twilight anesthetic, and five stitches later, we were home again. Ava seems to be recovering well and isn't hip the fact (yet) that Daddy is imposing an "Ava can have whatever she wants" edict.
Some suggestions for her list:
Personal visit from Elmo
A unicorn pony
A return to trip to Four Seasons Manele Bay...wait, how did that get in there?




No comments:
Post a Comment