Saturday, October 6, 2012

Pumpkin Patch of Horrors...I mean, Fun.

Sometimes you have those moments when you go, "Whoa, I'm a parent". One of those happened this morning, when we all got up and left at 8:30 on a Saturday morning to drive an hour and 15 minutes to a pumpkin patch in Northwest Indiana. 

We were going to meet our friends the Elsener's and their two kids. My biggest worry was that Ava would fall asleep in the car and not nap later. Oh, the naiveté. 


I mean, here she is at breakfast. Happy, smiling, looking totally ready for a great day of picking pumpkins and riding tractors!


There aren't even any interim pictures that I can post to show how it devolved into this. 


Maybe she doesn't like the color orange. 


Liv and Graham, two of the happiest, sweetest kids I've ever met, along with Zava (Ava's naughty alter-ego). 


In hindsight, maybe she was scared of the tractor. Although maybe not...at this point, we'd been off of the tractor for a good 20 minutes. 


In all seriousness, this is the kind of thing I love and I'm glad we did it. It was definitely an "experience" Happy Fall everyone!

Art, Lauren, Ava and R2P2. 





No comments:

Post a Comment