Let me tell you about Florida. First, you have to take a plane to get there. After you (by "you", I mean Mom and Dad) lug all of your stuff around the airport for hours, hang out on the plane being entertained by parents who are desperate for you to behave (which means you can make them dance like monkeys), then collect more baggage before you get loaded in the car, you're exhausted.
Then your Grandma dresses you in ridiculous hats while she marches you around the pool
showing you off to all of her friends.
After you realize that you're wearing a dumb hat, and your mom smears cream all over your face,
you've HAD IT.
But it's not all bad. You get to wear really cool shades that make you look like a miniature movie star.
All that fresh air makes you tired. So you take a nap.
Then you go to the beach and astound the masses with your cuteness.
Then it's time for a nap outside. Where your grandma is afraid you'll get cold so she bundles you up in blankets in the 85 degree heat. Great idea, no really.
Enjoying the good life after a poo-splosion forced Mom to change me out of my yellow tulle bikini. Not that I planned that or anything, mwhahahaha.
Mom had to work hard to put me in all the outfits she brought. I even had my own full-size suitcase! Not crazy at all, Mom....
I had a little time to cheer for the Illini in between pool and beach visits. Too bad they blew it. Daddy says it's time for Coach Weber to kick rocks.
The unfortunate thing about Florida is that the humidity makes your hair go flat.
I prefer more volume with my 'do's.
But overall it was a great trip. I gained over a pound in two weeks, enjoyed some fine dining and outlet mall shopping, and just really had a good time getting out of my daily grind. I just needed some "Ava" time, you know?
No comments:
Post a Comment