Sunday, November 13, 2011

Lucky Number 11

Disclaimer: I know nothing about poker and gambling. If you take your gambling seriously, then you probably don't want to read this because I am going to absolutely murder poker terminology. Also, if it's that important to you, get a life.


Hey Kate, how about a little game of poker? I borrowed Dad's chips.

Um, are you sure that's good idea Ava? I mean, you do have a bit of a temper. I think I'd just rather chase squirrels and sleep on the couch.


Who, me? Nah. It'll be fun. Just a couple of hands between sisters.


Here are your chips. I'm pretty sure the blue ones are worth twelve rainbows and the white ones are worth eight teething biscuits.


Yes! A flush of four kings! She'll never beat that!


Why do you look so happy, Kate? Let me just flop this boat on the river. And let me see your cards. That's part of the game. You share your cards.


Okay, so my Jack and three beat your four kings.


Are you sure about that? Because four kings seems like it would be a pretty decent hand. 


*sigh* Kate, I don't make the rules, except when I do. So just hand over your chips and hope for a better hand next time. Geez, spoilsport much?


Maybe I should take a tip from the pros and put on my shades so that Kate can't read my tells.


Pay no attention to the kitty on my sweater. I am a seriously serious poker player.


This is going to end badly.


Wait a minute. How did I end up with four jokers? I think these are worth five sparkle ponies each and trump anything you've got. For sure.


I don't think jokers are even in poker Ava. You should know that, since you're the "dealer".


If I don't win then NOBODY wins! This poker match is OVER!


(sings) Trouble....trouble, trouble, trouble trouble. Trouble's been doggin' me, since the day I was born.


Happy Eleven months to my little gambling gal. My wish for you is to never play craps like your Mom and to stay away from the slots. Unless you're feeling lucky.



No comments:

Post a Comment