Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Wrap-Up

When I first began planning Ava's Halloween costume approximately 10 months ago, I was flummoxed. My requirements for her costume were:

1)Must be cute
2)Must be REALLY cute
3)I want to try and make it (I know I can't sew, shhhh)
4)If I can't make it and it ends up a Theo-Huxtable-dress-shirt-disaster, I have to be able to buy it somewhere

I finally settled on an idea. What if I made Ava a dalmation and then Kate could be a fire fighter. Who would expect the baby to be a dog and the dog to be a person?! I just blew my own mind right there.

Here was my initial sketch. I'll be waiting for my art school scholarships to roll in.  


So imagine my surprise when it turned into this.


::Polishes knuckles, pats self on back::


And Kate even agreed to participate.


Grudgingly.


We took a quick spin down the street but Ava, for reasons unknown, decided she'd had enough.


Happy Halloween, dammit.

In other news, we made a quick trip to Chambana last week for Grandma E's birthday.


It warmed my heart to see Ava at Curtis Apple Orchard, where I used to go as a kiddo.


Grandma and Grandpa were pretty excited to take Ava to pick a pumpkin.


In fact, my dad had to field test each pumpkin to ensure it's superior quality before he'd let Ava have it.


Happy (belated) Halloweenie!



2 comments:

  1. The first time Ben went to Curtis Orchard, he almost couldn't stand it. He had just turned one and his favorite thing in the world were balls. It was also the only word he knew how to say. When he got out of the car and saw the field full of orange "balls" he thought he had died and gone to heaven. =)

    ReplyDelete