Monday, July 25, 2011

Ava Potter: Baby Wizard

Disclaimer: If you like Harry Potter and/or babies in ridiculous predicaments, then this blog is for you. However, if you dislike Harry Potter (loser) and or babies performing spells, leave now. You have been warned.


Ava's 7 month birthday fell during the week of the last Harry Potter movie release. Coincidence? Doubtful. Not when her Mom is a full-fledged HP geek. So with the help of trusty Uncle Bobbert (Art refused to help with this blog. Way to ensure that you don't make the cut in any future blogs, "daddy"), we chronicled Ava's wizarding adventures.


Yes. That is a scar on my head. Legend has it that a magical "eyeliner pen" scarred me when I was sleeping. One day I shall figure out how to remove it. One day.


Oh my gosh, I'm so nervous. What if the sorting hat makes a mistake???


Sorting Hat: Hmm, difficult. VERY difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind, either. There's talent, oh yes. And a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you?


Ava: Please not Hufflepuff, please don't say Hufflepuff.

Sorting Hat: Not Hufflepuff, eh? Are you sure? You could be mediocre there, you know. It's all here in your head. And Hufflepuff will help you on the way to anonymity, there's no doubt about that. No? Well, if you're sure. Better be....GRYFFINDOR!  


 Whew! That was close. Off I go on some wizarding adventures!


 Oh no! My playmat has been torn apart, possibly by a rampant puppy. Let me just pull out my trusty wand here....(Ava's wand is activated by saliva, apparently).

REPARO!


Much better.


I'm hungry, but this bottle is tinky. I need something a bit larger. Hmmm. ENGORGIO!


Perfect.


How did my yami get down there? I can't reach it! I've got it.

ACCIO YAMI!


I'm really getting the hang of this magic stuff. Maybe I can do some spells to turn my vegetables into mangos and apples. Hmmm, I'll have to look into that.


Darn it! There's a Horcrux behind this wall of stuffed animals. I know just what to do!

REDUCTO!


There it is! Slytherin's ring. How did it wind up in Mommy's jewelry box?


*GASP* It's a big scary dementor named Uncle Bobbert! Lucky for me I have a cool patronus!

EXPECTO PATRONUM!

(Editor's note: Okay, I can kind of see how Art would be reluctant to help out with this).


My patronus is the shape of my puppy. See how lifelike it is?


Wow, this dementor is taking an awfully long time to vanish.
Stop milking your camera time, guy.


The lion has challenged me to a wizarding duel. How is he holding onto his wand? It looks like some sort of a magical chip clip contraption. Oh well...

EXPELLIARMUS!


Now I have TWO wands to eat. Delicious, delicious wood. Yum.


My patronus just won't stop following me around and sleeping on my feet. That's how awesome I am at magic.


Now it's time for bed. A little light reading to help me go down easier.

Oh, and I almost forgot. I'm seven months now. Sorry this is a little late. Love potions and magical wishes to all my friends!






3 comments:

  1. This is SO ah!mazing I can't quite express my love in a comment. I'm laughing and smiling so hard it hurts. Thank you for being such an awesome mom/blogger/HP connoisseur :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was magicically hillarious!!! I'm guessing Arthur is a muggle - but a nice one!

    ReplyDelete