Ava had a busy 2nd birthday! Some activities she enjoyed...others, not so much. I can't believe my tiny kiddo is two- officially a toddler. She spent the morning at the park and loved the balmy 50 degree weather.
She did lots of coloring today- she thinks she's SUCH a cool cat when she sits at the kitchen table and colors.
Every year I make an impression handprint ornament of Ava's hand to hang on the tree and I thought it would be "so fun!" to make it on her actual birthday this year. Year 0 was easy. Year 1 was a little tough. Year 2 was traumatic.
"It burns! Oh no, it burns! Get it off my hands, devil woman!"
This doesn't quite capture the tantrum that accompanied the handprint project. Eventually, I (kinda) got it. When Ava's older, she'll wonder why she had just four fingers- two of them sausages and two that were hooked like claws.
Later, Ava took some time to examine the gifts underneath the tree.
This one is for me. And I think this one over here is also mine...
You'd think I would have learned from the handprint fiasco, but I also wanted to measure Ava and mark her height on the basement wall to start a new tradition. You know what happens next. Panic ensues once I ask her to stand against the wall and this is the after-shot of her, relieved that another ordeal is over.
All was forgotten after another round of SPECIAL MARKER coloring. Markers are like toddler crack- guaranteed party pleasers for two year olds. Also, we have reached the "no pants" portion of the evening.
After a little dancing- this is actually a super accurate portrait of how active she usually is- we came upstairs for dinner.
I became Super Mom once again when I presented Ava with not just pizza, her favorite food, but ELMO pizza. Me, for the win.
Two year memories:
Favorite Books: The Very Busy Spider, The Snowy Day, Stuff and Nonsense, Wheels on the Bus, Snowmen at Night
Favorite Activities: Going to the park, sitting on the stairs and making facing at herself in the mirror, turning the Christmas lights on and off with the little push button, coloring, playing with my headbands, playing with her "choo choo"
Best Friends: Olivia (Wibby), Graham (Gee), Owen (Owe), Rebecca (Becca)
Favorite phrases: Gross, Stinky, Bye pee pee, I get yammie, Please Elmo, I get Kate, I love me, I take bathy
Can identify her: belly, head, hair, cheeks, mouth, eyes, arms, hands, feet, nose
Favorite Foods: Bananas, pizza, cereal, raspberries, oranges, cheese





No comments:
Post a Comment