I have a shocking confession. I love dressing Ava up in silly outfits and taking her picture. Sadly, Ava has recently become disillusioned with this oh-so-fun process. Gone are the days of her just sitting around and taking it like a man. These days, photo shoots involve evasion, wrestling, running away from mommy as fast as she can, and climbing. Then why do I do it, you might ask? Um, how else is a mother going to embarrass her 18 year old daughter when she brings her first (morally conscious, goody-two-shoes, abstinent, sober) boyfriend home?
I wanted to try on some of Ava's spring things to see if they fit. And if they were as cute as I thought they were. (they were)
Ava l-o-v-e-s books. Which makes me happy. And they act as a crutch to get us through photo shoots. My tiny Pebbles rocking her tankini swimsuit. Now, I know Art said 'NO MORE BIKINIS" last summer. But dude, they make beach diaper changes SO much easier. Try peeling a one piece off a squirming 14 month old covered in sand and saltwater. I dare you.
Ava's cousins, the Fourniers, gave her this coat and boot ensemble for her birthday. It's still a bit big, but when you're walking AND reading your matching "Olivia" book, does it really matter?
Let's be honest. This blog usually has two central themes:
1)Dressing Ava up in silly outfits
2) Her hair
This picture satisfies both requirements.
Stop running away from me! I just want a picture of your super duper cute Mud Pie get-up WITHOUT a book in front of it! Geez, is that too much to ask? ;) Grandma P bought this for Ava in Naples last fall and I will make sure she wears it every chance she gets. Navy Pier, hello!
My parents friends Jim & Dena gave Ava this sailor outfit. It took several attempts to get it on. Here we are with just the top...
And here is the final product...enhanced with the paci to complete the look.
Kissing Elmo's face gave her added security and made her forget her mortification.
And by the end she totally embraced the look! Hello, future yearbook picture!
One more for good measure, just because I love your face.









No comments:
Post a Comment