Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Birthday Par-Tay

Because Ava's birthday is so close to Christmas (next time, we'll have to plan better), we had her birthday party this past weekend. We were thrilled to host many of our family and friends, some of whom flew in just for the day (good job, Kumbare Steven) to celebrate with Ava.


Our Ava Bug had a Ladybug themed birthday party. The first rule of a ladybug party to put the baby in a ladybug tutu. Obviously.


The second rule is for mama to make a fondant-covered ladybug cake. Which I'm going to shamelessly flaunt here.


I *may* have chosen the theme to coordinate with my Christmas decorations. Or, if you think I'm ready for the loony bin, it could have been a coincidence. Totally.


We were so excited that Ava's great-grandparents made the trip up for Ava's party!


I figured the huge cake might be a bit much for Ava. So she got a cupcake.
"What is this strange confection? Dare I taste it?"


She dareth. "Why, 'tis a wondrous explosion of sugar and red dye #2!"


"I declare this "cupcake" fit for queens. I shall have another".
And her Dad did, indeed, insist on her having another. A decision which was later regretted.

*I have no idea why Ava started talking like a 19th century English lady. That child....*


After cake, it was time for presents. Where to begin...


I've never met her, but this Cinderella seems like a wise woman. An appropriate gift, too, as Ava got a couple pairs of swank shoes for her birthday. Mom is jealous.


Ava has also recently learned how to give hugs. So she spent a lot of time snuggling her stuffed animals. Love.


The next day we went to the OPCC's Christmas party, where Ava had her 2nd Santa Claus experience.

"How did you get here? I saw you last weekend in North Carolina. This seems suspicious".


"A magical sleigh and eight tiny reindeer you say? Where are your glasses and mustasche?Mom, 'Santa' here smells like beef and cheese."


It was a great weekend and we truly appreciate the effort and time everyone took to be there for Ava. We love you all!










 

No comments:

Post a Comment